Call for Entries
Deadline: 16 November 2018
The submission form for contributions to EMAF 2018 is available at the bottom of this page.
EMAF is one of the most influential forums for international Media Art. As a meeting point for artists, curators, distributors, galleries and an audience of experts the festival has a great impact on the topics and aesthetics of Media Art. Each year the festival offers its visitors a current overview of experimental films, installations, performances, digital formats and hybrid forms, ranging from personal and political subjects or formal experiments to provocative statements from the pulsating area of "Media Art – Society". The Festival sees itself as a place of experimentation and a laboratory where extraordinary works, experiments and ventures are created and presented.
Pieces of work from the areas of Film/Video, Installation and Expanded and contributions to the Media Campus/INIT can be submitted in an Open Call.
The selection committees and the curators will make their decisions on the participation in the various sections of the EMAF based on the material submitted and will nominate the works for the awards. The applicants will be notified by e-mail beginning by the end of February 2019.
How to submit your work:
1. At your fist visit, please register with your e-mail address, your own password and your personal data.
Attention: Please always use the same e-mail address in the field "registrator" otherwise the database will refuse to open the application for you as well as for us!
2. A confirmation of your registration will be sent to your e-mail address.
3. After registration log on to European Media Art Festival with your e-mail and password.
4. Click on Submission of work
5. Please read the regulations carefully, tick it, then click on "Add a new film, installation or expanded”.
6.Please choose in the field Category what you want to submit: film/video, installation or expanded. In the category "Expanded" you may submit works of Performance, Augmented Reality, VR project or Other. Done with that, click on Save at the bottom of the entry form and the second page will appear. Here you may attach additional documents and photos.
7. After being registered once, you may submit to your account up to three films/projects as your data and submission maintain.
8. Preview material:
A. Submission with video-link: Please type in the field video-link your Vimeo, YouTube link or homepage and in the second field the password if needed. Make sure the password is valid until April 2019! You don’t have to ship a DVD or a print-out of the submission-form!
B. Submission with DVD: Please send a DVD of your work/project for preview with the ID-Number and a print-out of the submission form until November 16, 2018 to the EMAF addres
9. You will be informed by e-mail on the decisions of the selections committees beginning by the end of February 2019.
European Media Art Festival