The application form for submitting entries to EMAF 2015 is now available on this website.
Pieces of work from the areas of film/video, contributions to Media Campus and in the section Expanded Media can be submitted in the Open Call and concerning the topic.
Only contributions concerning the topic of Irony as subversive intervention may be submitted for the exhibition of EMAF 2015.
About the topic: Irony as subversive intervention
One of the strategies applied in media art is to deal with topics and positions in an ironic, humorous and satirical manner. In so doing, irony does not only serve as background entertainment, but is rather a means of analysis, classification and criticism.
If your work is related to this topic, please tick the appropriate field in your application form.
How can I register a piece of work?
1. At your first visit, please register with your e-mail address, your own password and your personal data. Attention: Please always use the same e-mail in the field registrator otherwise the database will refuse to open the application for you and us!
2. A confirmation of your registration will be sent to your e-mail address.
3. After registration log on to European Media Art Festival with your e-mail and password.
4. Click on Submission of work
5. Please read the regulations carefully, tick it, then click on Add a new film, installation or expanded media.
6. Please choose in the field Category what you want to submit: film/video, installation or expanded media. In the category Expanded Media you may submit works of Expanded Cinema, Performance or Net-project. Done with that, click on Save at the bottom of the entry form and the second page will appear. Here you may attach additional documents and photos.
7. After being registered once, you may submit to your account up to three films/projects as your data and submission maintain.
8. Preview material:
a. Submission with DVD: Please send a DVD of your work/project for preview with the ID-Number and a print-out of the submission form until December 5, 2014 to the EMAF address.
b. Submission with video-link: Please type in the field video-link your Vimeo, YouTube link or a homepage and in the second field the password if needed. Make sure the password is valid until April 2015! You don't have to ship a DVD or a print-out of the submission-form!
9. You will be notified by e-mail of the decision of the selection committee not later than mid of March 2015.
European Media Art Festival